for Orchestra Musicians
The Symphony of Northwest Arkansas (SoNA) announces auditions for the following positions, to be held at Walton Arts Center (Nadine Baum Studios) on Thursday, Friday, and Sunday, May 16, 17, and 19. To participate in these auditions, please contact Ronnamarie Jensen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No telephone inquiries, please.
Please click here to learn more specifics regarding the auditions, as well as to download the required excerpts for your instrument.
Section Violin I and II
Associate Principal Violin II
Associate Principal Viola
Associate Principal Cello
Sub Oboe/English Horn
Sub Clarinet and E-flat/Bass Clarinet
Sub French Horn
Sub Tenor/Bass Trombone
Section and Sub Percussion
Auditionees (except clarinet and percussion) should be prepared to perform the following:
- one solo work or movement demonstrating technical proficiency
- one solo work or movement demonstrating lyrical style
(the above works must be by different composers)
- excerpts as detailed in the excerpt list supplied for your instrument
Clarinet Auditionees should be prepared to perform the following:
- Mozart: Clarinet Concerto in A, K.622, I. Movement (beginning to the end of the exposition)
- two excerpts from the excerpt list supplied for your instrument
- Percussion auditionees must demonstrate their level of proficiency on timpani, snare drum, and mallet percussion.
- To audition for section percussion, one solo (up to 2 minutes) must be prepared for both snare drum and mallet percussion (not timpani). Etudes may be used for solo selections; orchestral excerpts may also be used, but should demonstrate all of the typical qualities found in etudes or solo repertoire. You must provide copies of all solo music prepared when you check in for your audition.
- Choose 1 excerpt for each of the three instrument types from the excerpt list.